There hasn’t been a lot to cheer about Newcastle United in the new year. They are currently on a four-game losing streak in the Premier League, with the poor results dropping them to 10th in the standings.
Their most recent defeat came at the hands of Manchester City who ran out 3-2 winners after Kevin de Bruyne came off the bench to score and assist the winner.
With an incredible 14 points behind the top-four, the Magpies must make a massive comeback during the second-half of the campaign to secure Champions League football.
Newcastle face a tricky away game with Aston Villa at the end of this month, but fixtures in February are relatively easier for Eddie Howe’s side and they will look to pick up maximum points from them.
Newcastle United vs Luton Town (February 3, 2024)
Rob Edwards’ men have shown great fighting spirit since earning promotion to the English top-flight, but they are one of the top favourites to go down by the end of the season.
The Hatters are capable of springing a surprising result but we don’t see them getting anything from the away encounter with Newcastle.
Nottingham Forest vs Newcastle United (February 10, 2024)
The two teams last met each other in December when Chris Wood netted a brilliant hat-trick to condemn his former side Newcastle to a 3-1 defeat at St James’ Park.
The Magpies will be looking for revenge when they travel to West Bridgford next month. With several players likely to return from injuries, Eddie Howe’s side is expected to come away with full points from the away encounter.
Newcastle United vs Bournemouth (February 17, 2024)
After enjoying a seven-game unbeaten run in the Premier League, Bournemouth have now suffered back-to-back losses to Tottenham Hotspur and Liverpool. There is no shame in losing to two of the best top-flight teams this season, but also their earlier momentum has now been broken.
Newcastle lost 2-0 to Bournemouth in November after Dominic Solanke’s brace at the Vitality Stadium. However, the Magpies are expected to prevail this time when they welcome the Cherries to St James’ Park on 17 February.
Arsenal vs Newcastle United (February 24, 2024)
Arsenal ended their miserable run in an emphatic manner against Crystal Palace last weekend. Gabriel Magalhaes, Leandro Trossard and Gabriel Martinelli all found themselves on the scoresheet as the Gunners ran out 5-0 winners at the Emirates Stadium.
Mikel Arteta’s side are vying for the Premier League title this season, and they are highly motivated to pick up maximum points from their remaining matches. Newcastle are expected to give them a tough competition but we don’t see them coming away with a victory from the Emirates Stadium.
Latest Newcastle United News
- Newcastle in February: Magpies to pick up maximum points from relatively easier fixtures
- Preview: Sunderland vs Newcastle United – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Preview: Newcastle United vs Fulham – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Preview: Newcastle United vs Chelsea – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- How Newcastle United will fare in the 2023-24 Champions League
- Newcastle complete loan signing of Lewis Hall from Chelsea
- Newcastle in July: Five pre-season friendlies as Eddie Howe aims for another great season
- Newcastle set to open talks with Callum Wilson over new deal
- Newcastle in May: Magpies have five games to finish ahead of Man Utd
- Preview: Everton vs Newcastle United – prediction, team news, line-ups