Newcastle United have confirmed that they have completed the loan signing of Lewis Hall from Chelsea.
The Magpies have the option to make the move permanent at the end of the season.
The 18-year-old is one of the top talents to have emerged from the Blues’ youth academy.
He became the youngest player to start an FA Cup game for the Londoners in January last year.
Since then, the talented left-back has made 12 more appearances with nine of them coming in the Premier League.
However, Chelsea have sanctioned his departure to Newcastle, with the London side already well stocked at left-back.
Ben Chilwell, Marc Cucurella and Ian Maatsen are all vying for the spot, leaving Hall with limited first-team opportunities at Stamford Bridge.
The Magpies picked up a 1-0 loss at Manchester City last weekend but they were exceptional against Aston Villa in the Premier League opener.
Eddie Howe’s men will now go head-to-head with Liverpool at St James, with the home fixture available to watch through Newcastle live streams.
They have received a boost ahead of the game with Lewis Hall joining the Tyneside club.
The 18-year-old has enormous potential and is expected to be a big success at the club.
He mainly features as a left-back but is also capable of playing in central as well as left midfield.
Hall is very young and will be looking to learn a lot under Eddie Howe who is one of the best coaches in the English league.
Latest Newcastle United News
- Newcastle in February: Magpies to pick up maximum points from relatively easier fixtures
- Preview: Sunderland vs Newcastle United – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Preview: Newcastle United vs Fulham – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Preview: Newcastle United vs Chelsea – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- How Newcastle United will fare in the 2023-24 Champions League
- Newcastle complete loan signing of Lewis Hall from Chelsea
- Newcastle in July: Five pre-season friendlies as Eddie Howe aims for another great season
- Newcastle set to open talks with Callum Wilson over new deal
- Newcastle in May: Magpies have five games to finish ahead of Man Utd
- Preview: Everton vs Newcastle United – prediction, team news, line-ups